We respect your right to privacy and therefore aim to ensure that we comply with the legal requirement of the POPI Act which regulates the manner in which we collect, process, store, share and destroy any personal information which you have provided to us.
Why we collect Personal Information
We collect personal information in order to liaise with you telephonically, or electronically, so that we may:
- Respond to any query or comment received from you;
- Inform you of new offers;
- Enable us to process, validate and verify information and requests for the supply of goods and/or services;
- For the purposes for which you specifically provided the information;
- Generally to improve your experience on our website.
Processing of Information
We will share your personal information:
- In order to comply with applicable law or with legal process served on our company;
- In order to protect and defend the rights or property of our company;
- Treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- Take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- Promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- Provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request;
- We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally required, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
ALTHOUGH WE TAKE THE AFOREMENTIONED PRECAUTIONS IN PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE SHALL HOWEVER NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWSOEVER ARISING, SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF THE DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION IF OUTSIDE OUR REASONABLE CONTROL. Your rights You have the right at any time to:
- Rectify the Personal Information collected by us;
- Object to the processing of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
- Request the return or destruction of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
- Lodge a complaint with the company.
The Personal Information processed by us is not routed/transferred to a third country or International organisation
- If you do not agree with our processing activities described in this Policy, please do not use our Website.
ABOUT THIS POLICY
- The definitions used in POPIA to describe certain terms are deemed to accord with the use of the same words in this Policy.
- We will not use your Personal Information for any other purpose than that set out in this Policy and POPIA and will protect your Personal Information that is in our possession from unauthorised alteration, loss, disclosure or access.
- We have appointed an Information Officer who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to the Policy.
- This Policy does not apply to the processing of Personal Information by other third parties relating to or by means of other parties' Websites, products or services, or sites which link to or advertise our Website or our products, services and/or staff.
- We will only collect information as is permitted by POPIA.
With each visit to our Website, we may automatically collect and store certain information about you. This may include:
- technical information, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address which is used to connect your computer to the Internet, operating system and browser type and platform for system administration; and
- information about your use of our Website including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you accessed. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- We only collect Personal Information which is necessary for the intended purpose of the collection and we will not retain your Personal Information for longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which we collected it, unless there is a lawful basis or legal requirement for us to retain your Personal Information for a longer period.
USE AND PROCESSING OF INFORMATION
- We will Process your Personal Information in the ordinary course of business of providing property and related services. We will use your Personal Information only for the purpose for which it was originally or primarily collected.
- We will use your Personal Information for a secondary purpose only if such purpose constitutes a legitimate interest and is closely related to the original or primary purpose for which the Personal Information was collected.
- We may analyse your Personal Information for statistical or safety and security purposes.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You agree and give permission for us to share your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- to our Employees, Associates, Agents and and Service Providers, for legitimate business purposes, in accordance with applicable law and subject to applicable professional and regulatory requirements regarding confidentiality;
- if required by law, including but not limited to governmental agencies and other regulatory or self-regulatory bodies, if required to do so by law or when we reasonably believe that such action is necessary;
- to legal and regulatory authorities, upon request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation;
- to our third party Operators (including, but not limited to, data processors such as providers of data hosting services, document review technology services, development and administration, technical support, third party advertising, plugins or content, and related support services), located anywhere in the world, subject to the provisions contained herein for cross-border transfer and where it is necessary for the purposes of, or in connection with, legitimate business purposes.
- to enable us to enforce or apply terms and/or any agreement you may have with us; and
- to protect the rights, property or safety of members of the public (if you provide false or deceptive information or misrepresent yourself, we may proactively disclose such information to the appropriate regulatory bodies and/or commercial entities).
- We will get your permission before disclosing your Personal Information to any third party for any other purpose, if we are required by law to do so.
- If we engage a third-party Operator to process any of your Personal Information, we will review our relationships with Operators we engage and to the extent required by any applicable law in force, we will require such Operators to be bound by contractual obligations and to comply with POPIA.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Information that is in our possession against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure, unauthorised access, in accordance with applicable law.
- Where there are reasonable grounds to believe that your Personal Information that is in our possession has been accessed or acquired by any unauthorised person (data breach), we will notify the relevant regulator and you.
- Despite the above measures being taken when processing Personal Information and Special Personal Information, subject to the provisions of this clause, as far as the law allows, we will not be liable for any loss, claim and/or damage arising from any unauthorised access, disclosure, misuse, loss, alteration or destruction of your Personal Information and/or Special Personal Information.
RETENTION AND ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We shall only retain and store Personal Information for the period for which the data is required to serve its primary purpose or a legitimate interest or for the period required to comply with an applicable legal requirement, whichever is longer, or until you contact us and ask us to destroy it.
- Please ensure Personal Information provided to is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Should any details change, the onus is on you to notify us of the change and provide us with the accurate data.
- You can request access to any of your Personal Information that is held by us, including to request that we correct your Personal Information if it is inaccurate or delete the Personal Information if we are no longer required to retain it by law or for a legitimate purpose. You can also object to the processing of all or part of your Personal Information subject to any limitations to this right provided in the law.
- Requests to access Personal Information held on you in accordance with this Policy can be made to our Information Officer.
- We will only send you direct marketing materials if you have specifically opted-in to receive these materials, or if you are a client of the business, at all times in accordance with applicable laws.
- If you complete any forms on our Website or provide us with your contact information, you agree to receive marketing and other direct communication from us.
- You may refuse to accept, require us to discontinue, or pre-emptively block any approach or communication from us if that approach or communication is primarily for the purpose of direct marketing.
- This may be done by “opting out” out of receiving direct marketing communication from us at any time by requesting us (in any manner, whether telephonically, electronically, in writing or in person) to stop providing any direct marketing communication to you. You may also send your opt-out requests to our Information Officer.